We made it back from San Francisco and Bug barely even missed us with all the Nana and Pappaw-fun! I have lots of pictures and things to share about the vacation, as well as some over-due recipes that I’ll type up this weekend. Gather your peaches now for an AWESOME fresh peach pie recipe!
But for now… I am participating in my first secret pal exchange. The hostess requested the answers to the questionnaire be posted soon, so that she can make my match. Here goes…
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don’t really have a favorite. I like soft things mostly. I shop for clothes by feel.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a set of knit picks options and a few addi turbos and store them in the knit picks case, but just keep the straights in the bottom of one of my knitting bags. I keep my crochet hooks in the zippered pocket of the knit picks case.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Probably intermediate for knitting and advanced for crochet. I learned to crochet from my great-grandmother (doilies and lace edgings). I sort of self-taught knitting just a few years ago.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no
5. What’s your favorite scent? I like lighter scents like brown sugar and vanilla.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes, chocolate, especially dark chocolate!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? a little sewing, bead jewelry, calligraphy, watercolor painting, making cards, digital collages, wild flower photography
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like mostly motown, classic rock, and reggae, but like some alternative bands like Nickelback. I can play mp3s on my computer.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I like greens, purples, blues, and browns. I don’t care for unusual mixtures of colors (eg blue and orange together), but like most colors plain or variegated in shades of the same color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I have a husband, 2 year old daughter, and 3 cats (people in furry suits).
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear them all except ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like to knit scarves and hats. They are so functional, pretty, and relatively short projects. I’m trying my first knitted lace right now. I love the look of knitted lace.
13. What are you knitting right now? A lace scarf, a pair of socks, a gaiter, a coin purse (to be felted), and a scarf.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like my circulars, both the knit picks and the addi turbos.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? no
17. How old is your oldest UFO? about 5-6 years old, it is a crochet afghan that has about 55 more squares to go (of 65). The yarn is kind of scratchy, so I don’t know if I’ll finish it.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
19. Is there anything that you collect? no
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don’t have any in mind right now (the 40% off sale at knitpicks took care of that). I really like patterns for very usable things rather than doilies (which I learned on).
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I just learned a little about Tunisian crochet and would like to do some more. I’d like to try spinning, like I need another hobby 🙂 .
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes, but a new one. I have finished one pair (for DH) and am working on a pair for me. I prefer socks just above the ankle and usually wear clog-type shoes, such as merrells.
Ball of foot: 9 1/8 inch
Foot length: 10 inch
Length from longest toe to back of ankle: 8 ½ inch
Instep circumference: 10 inch
Ankle circumference: 8 ½ inch
Around calf where it starts to widen: 11 inch
Midway between ankle and knee: 14 1/2
23. When is your birthday? September 19
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID? Not yet… only 1255 more people before me. 🙂