Ok – here it is … I hate to cast-on. I am bad at it. I really hated it until I found the crochet cast-on method in Victorian Lace Today. I still don’t do it well, so it is still very stressful for me. My project always starts out WAY TOO LOOSE! So, I’m going to do some experimenting to figure out this problem I have. I’m going to start out with cast-ons in Nancie Wiseman’s Finishing Techniques book and trying different needles and such.
In other fiber-y things –
Here are the green cable socks, finished.
Yarn: Happy Feet, Plymouth Yarn, 2 skeins (used 62g with 40g left)
Color: is a number, looks like green camo
Size: fits W size 8-9
Needles: Knit picks US 2
Pattern: made it up
I’m working on another pair for DH because those turned out too small – see the previous post if you must know how that sort of thing happens
The pattern started out as the Blueberry Waffle sock, which Megan of Stitch It loves, but I got the rows mixed up. It still looks fine.
The Bug is growing up so fast. She moved to the 3 year old room last week. This means she gets to play on the “big” playground!