In keeping with last year, I wanted to reflect on the things I’ve done for the first time or learned this past year.
- After-thought heel on socks
- Started adding my own touches to patterns (horizontal Irish Hiking scarf and pointelle fetching) or making them up all together (NB mitts, lattice scarf, orange hunting socks, blaring pink mittens, and Charlie Brown socks)
- Crocheted a katamari
- Sewed a buttonhole on my sewing machine
- Won a contest (actually two- really a drawing, but….)
- knitted a pair of lacy socks
- ran a 5k
- visited 2 foreign countries (Argentina and Uruguay); yes, I bought yarn in Buenos Aires and kept it from you…
- knit a pair of adult socks in 2 weeks
- other people like the thrill of learning new things in their jobs and get bored when they aren’t . Luckily, I’m a college professor in a fast moving field (genetics), so my job is about learning new things all the time (tiring at times, but I get to change things up)
- re-learned that dancing is fun, especially with good friends 🙂
- but most of all, I’m still learning that parenting is the most difficult job I’ve ever had.